Yes, I am one of the 84% (although I use linux for my servers). So here are my notes for installing nginx on Windows:
- Download development version
- Unzip to C:\
- c:\nginx-1.3.0> start nginx
- c:\nginx-1.3.0> tasklist /fi “imagename eq nginx.exe” — this should display two processes. Initially I was getting an error: (10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions). Googling made me think that another process had a lock on port 80, so I changed the port under “listen” in the nginx.conf file.
It runs as a console app, not a Windows service.
- nginx -s stop fast shutdown
- nginx -s quit graceful shutdown
- nginx -s reload start new worker process with a new configuration, graceful shutdown of old worker processes